(General Data Protection Regulation)
Data protection and privacy law changed on 25th May 2018. The law on data protection says what we must do when collecting, using, storing and processing people’s personal data.
‘Personal data’ is described as being any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified. The changes in law reflect the realities of the digital age and the need for people to take more control of their personal data.
As a business contact of RV Acoustics, personal data has been collected, comprising among other things, your name, contact address, email and telephone number. We have a legitimate interest in holding and controlling this information and wish to continue doing so in pursuit of fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations. The information may also be used for business marketing and promotional purposes. If you wish your details to be amended or removed, please contact one of The Directors at RV Acoustics.
This Policy explains how we respect the privacy of business contacts.
What information do we collect and use
- Addresses, emails, postal, telephone/textual
- Position in the business
- Business details such as VAT number. Company registration number.
- Bank details, bank name, sort code and account number
How we collect information
- Electronic and paper-based systems
- Companies House
- Client Account Form
- Business Cards and marketing materials received
- Email signatures
Why do we collect this information
- To perform the functions in the contract
- For Accounts and billing
- For Marketing
- For Technical development and internal training
- For legitimate business use
How will it be used
- In day-to-day contract correspondence with clients, client team members, suppliers,
- manufacturers, and professional bodies
- In preparing invoices for our work
- In paying invoices from our suppliers
- In fulfilling our business legal obligations to HMRC and to our appointed accountants
Some cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer.
All cookies used on our site are set by us. Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the site.
Our cookies will be used for:
- Essential session management
- recognising when a user of the site has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique users we receive to the site and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- log information about your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of our site.
- customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the site.
- collecting statistical information about how our users use the site so that we can improve the site and learn which parts are most popular to users.
With whom we share information
- Our appointed accountants and HMRC
- Our appointed IT support provider
- Our Solicitors
- Other client project team members, product suppliers and manufacturers
How and where we store information
- Electronically, on password-secured fixed and portable IT equipment and on our secure off-site server, backed-up by our IT service provider
- On paper, in project folders.
What are our Security measures:
- IT equipment is accessed by password. Passwords are reviewed and changed on a regular basis.
- Paperwork is stored in our locked address. Only employees have access to our premises.
- Business banking information is only accessible by the Company Director.
For how long do we keep information?
- Up to 12 years, in accordance with legal and/or business contract terms and conditions.
- Beyond 12 years for ongoing projects, project contacts and for marketing purposes.
- Indefinitely for technical development and training purposes.
How will we remove information?
- Electronic: By deletion.
- Paper: By secure disposal/shredding of relevant identifying text.
- We shall record the nature of material deleted and when it was removed from our records, and in a manner which identifies only the Company name and not personal data.
- Information will be removed if so requested but only after the minimum period required for business data storage has elapsed, that being 7 years.
Your control of personal information
- You may restrict our collection and use of personal information by notifying us via letter, email or our website.
- We will not share your personal information with anyone not privy to it on legal, contractual or legitimate business grounds.
©2019 RV Acoustics